Customers will earn Coins from your business and redeem them by paying with Coins. They also have the ability to gift Coins they’ve earned or purchased to a friend or family member. Please note that customers can pay with a minimum of one Coin but can also pay in fractions of a Coin. For instance, if a customer’s bill is $10.47 as long as they hold enough Coins in their wallet, they can pay with 10.47 Coins.
Paying with Coins In-Store
Customers can redeem their Coins in-person at your business location by paying with Coins via the Twism mobile app. They will select how many Coins they would like to use, then present the redemption screen to their server or cashier who will apply the necessary discount in your POS system.
If your business is connected with Twism’s Square integration, then this process includes Smart Redemption functionality where a new discount code will automatically generate in your POS moments after the customer confirms to pay with Coins. The cashier will simply tap on the discount that appears with the user’s name to apply it to the order total.
1. From within their wallet, the customer will tap Pay with Coins and select the business where they would like to pay with Coins.
2. The customer will enter how many Coins they would like to use, then tap Continue
3. The customer needs to confirm on the app that they are in front of the cashier, server, or other staff member and tap the button to Use now
4. A confirmation screen with a generated code will appear, which the customer will then present to the staff member. A five minute timer will then begin, and as a security measure to limit the time a customer can present this screen. To validate that this is a valid Coin redemption, notice the countdown timer and regressing bar.
5. Server or cashier will apply the necessary discount in your POS system prior to completing the transaction.
Paying with Coins Online
To pay with Coins online, customers will redeem their available Coins for payment codes via the Twism Loyalty Widget on your website or Twism mobile app. They will first enter the amount of Coins to redeem, then convert into a payment code of the equivalent dollar value. The customer will then copy and paste this code at checkout.
Note: Payment codes for converted Coins are automatically generated and do not require any extra steps on your behalf.
1. Customer will click Pay with Coins and enter the amount of Coins to redeem
2. The customer will click Next to convert these Coins into a payment code of the equivalent dollar value and then copy and paste this code at checkout.
1. Customer will tap Pay with Coins, and enter the amount of Coins to redeem
2. A confirmation page with a payment code will appear. They will then copy and paste this code at checkout on your website.
Aside from spending their Coins, your customers can also send their purchased or earned Coins to their friends as a gift. When the recipient claims their Coins, they will also populate as a customer in your My Customer screen.